[Vision2020] RE: Dale Courtney

melyndahuskey at earthlink.net melyndahuskey at earthlink.net
Sat May 28 21:44:01 PDT 2005

Dale selectively quotes from a two-year-old Daily Evergreen article to
defend his claim that I have broken Idaho or Washington state law.
Visionaries may have trouble understanding why, since the second sentence
of the paragraph clearly distinguishes between my church wedding and the
legal marriage not available to us.  The red herring of a student
reporter's error--Moscow v. Pullman Community Congregational Church--need
not detain us; anyone who has been interviewed by a college newspaper knows
that student journalists are learning their craft, and often make such
mistakes.

In fact, Dale chose to quote this particular section of this Daily
Evergreen article because I have twice asked him, in the strongest possible
terms, to remove any mention of my children, and any discussion of them,
from his website.  He has now deliberately introduced them again into
public discourse, disregarding not only my wishes, but common decency.

I do not believe my children should be publicly discussed by people who
wish them ill. Joan and I want Dale Courtney, and the anonymous posters on
his website, to leave our kids alone.

I would appreciate it if Vision 2020 members would allow this thread to die
without further comment.

Melynda Huskey