[Vision2020] RE: Dale Courtney

Dale Courtney dmcourtn at moscow.com
Sat May 28 22:37:14 PDT 2005

Melynda,

I quote an article in a newspaper where *you* mention *your* children. It's
a *quote* that *you* gave to the newspaper. And when I cite *you* (in
context of what you said), I'm accused of *discussing* your children. FWIW,
quoting you is not discussing the content of what you said.

For the record: your kids are not under discussion or for discussion. You
brought them up, not me. Let's not discuss them. I *never* *ever* have.

Rather, discuss the content of the paragraph that contradicts what you have
said here publicly on Vision2020:

"Huskey and her partner, Joan Opyr, .... The couple was married in the
Moscow Community Congregational Church, yet spent thousands of dollars on
lawyers in order to ensure that they have some of the same protections
provided by a legal marriage contract."

That entire article doesn't say *anything* about a "religious union". Nada.
It says that you were *married* in the "Moscow Community Congregational
Church" -- which, as you say, is incorrect.

I encourage everyone to read that Daily Evergreen article and see if they
can find *anywhere* where it says what you say it says:
http://www.dailyevergreen.com/disp_story.php?storyId=4309

My recommendation -- you issue a correction (albeit 2+ years late) to the
Daily Evergreen. I'm sure they would fix what was wrong in that article.
Better late than never.

Best,
Dale