[Vision2020] Jus' When You Thought Things Couln't Get More Stupid . . .

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Mon Jan 24 19:11:25 PST 2011

Paul,

If we can agree that South Hill Vista, in one way or the other is in
fact state housing, then I can't see how a rule waiving a fundamental
Constitutional Right in order to live in that state housing will be held
by the court(s) to pass Constitutional review.

I worded it above specifically to look at the issue of waiving a
fundamental Constitutional right to take out all the possible animus
of what can be a "hot button" topic, and strictly look at it as a
Constitutional issue. For example, can the University of Idaho, as a
"state" entity require people to waive the right of search and seizure
in a state owned residence?  IF the answer is yes, that would mean a
law enforcement agency to enter University housing, in this case South
Hill Vista, would NOT need a search warrant. Can we live with that?

Wayne