[Vision2020] Panel Rejects Day-Care Rule - Working at Home

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Wed Feb 28 13:29:38 PST 2007

There's another problem attached to working from home.  It's the lack of validity often attached to a "working from home" job.  I'm not talking about professional validity, but family validity.  Maybe others have figured out how to do it, but many of the women who work from home are still seen by family members--husbands and dependent children as being there for them regardless.    Even with an office in the home,  "where's the peanut butter?" or "why did you wash only one of my white socks?" intervene---you get the drift--if you aren't a husband or dependent child.

The solution.  Well women who work at home take their children to daycare if they can afford it and god only knows what they do with their husbands.

Sue Hovey