[Vision2020] City Council and the Pledge

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 20 14:45:51 PST 2006

I think the ongoing flap around the country, not just in Moscow, surrounding
the pledge of allegiance is much ado about nothing, including the "under
God" part.  I hang out with a largely, if labels must be used, liberal
crowd.  We've discussed the pledge of allegiance, and none of us has any
problem with the recitation of it, including the words "under God", although
a large number of us, including myself, are agnostic.  It's no big deal, we
have received no messages from the Head Liberal telling us to work for it's
abolishment.  Ditto for the non-existent "war on Christmas."  I read dire
warnings from some on the right about the imminent demise of both the pledge
of allegiance and Christmas, and I assure you, I've been informed of no such
plot.  And living in the "People's Republic of Moscow" (ahem) , I'm sure I'd
know about it if it existed.

                                                                        Carl
Westberg Jr.