[Vision2020] Sport, Fair Play, and Taking Turns

Melynda Huskey melyndahuskey at earthlink.net
Mon May 9 15:35:42 PDT 2005

I find embedded in a message from Mike Curley the following from Phil Roderick:

"This is just sport for me. I enjoy the stupidity. However, I am trying to keep things in check for our children and
the community."

As Sir Charles Grandison observed, "What is sport to you, sir, is death to me."

I was inspired to do a little impromptu research on the usage patterns on our list, and here's what I discovered.

So far this month, there have been 261 posts from 43 people.

2 people account for 26% of our total traffic, at 35 and 33 posts--an average of just under 4 posts per day, each and every day.  There's a precipitous drop off to our #3 poster (25 posts) and #4 (22 posts).

All of us from #3 to #43, taken as a whole, average about one post every 2 days.  17 of us have posted only once in the last 9 days.  33 of us (80%) have posted less than once per day.

As I've mentioned before, I've resorted to mechanical means to limit the incursions into my in-box, but still, in the hope that more voices can be heard, I just have to ask the 2 listmembers who account for 26% of our content:  could you cut back just a little?  Maybe to 3 posts a day, which we have generally affirmed as our target, and which we've voluntarily complied with as a gesture of civility and respect for one another?

Melynda Huskey