[Vision2020] Blurry Daze

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jul 10 05:16:14 PDT 2021

Blurry Daze

Author unknown

I'm all for peace and the hippie days
We were the children of the 60s, layin' about and lettin' our hair sprout
We were influenced as much as we influenced others
Flower power didn't work, maybe it's just the American way, no doubt
Turning over all the apple carts, should've just turned the other cheek my baby
Some say, I went too far, is it because, i've got such a rebel heart? Maybe.

Hippies have survived since the caveman days
Sometimes hiding behind societies blurry daze
Never wanting to upset the nations orderly ways
Always demonstrating for their true beliefs in a cloudy haze.

Now it feels like I've been jabbed, with a poison dart
So deep down inside my experienced, but innocent rebel heart
That 60s biz was just our breakfast and we hadn't even got to lunch yet
If I was a new gen baby, I could still show others love and peace, I bet
Give me a chance at showing you, that I'm not that different than you
Go ahead, ask me questions, there well overdue.

Hippies have survived since the caveman days
Sometimes hiding behind societies blurry daze
Never wanting to upset the nations orderly ways
Always demonstrating for their true beliefs in a cloudy haze.

Not changing my ways, but adapting my ways, is what I need to do
I'll listen to others and always take your cue, to try and remove the venom for you
It might not happen overnight, it could take a while, alright!
Maybe I'll go with the flow or maybe wake-up in a sweat, in the middle of the night
Let me get my groove back and things will change, we'll go back to the start
Just forgive me and always remember, I was born with this rebel heart.

Hippies have survived since the caveman days
Sometimes hiding behind societies blurry daze
Never wanting to upset the nations orderly ways
Always demonstrating for their true beliefs in a cloudy haze.

http://www.MoscowCares.net

Tom Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy