[Vision2020] 50 years ago today...

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 23:15:56 PST 2019

Regarding what is "rock and roll's biggest tragedy" is entirely subjective,
sometimes just cultural myth and stereotyping...  The murder of John Lennon
is arguably the greatest tragedy for the world at large *and* in the
culture of rock and roll, in some people's minds, regardless of a person's
biological age.

Anyway, maybe this is not a death in the culture of "rock and roll,"
however that is defined... But recently I learned that Patsy Cline died in
a plane crash March 5, 1963, at only 30 years old, after Cline "On March 3,
1963... performed a benefit at the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Hall_(Kansas_City,_Kansas)>, Kansas
City, Kansas <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City,_Kansas>, for the
family of disc jockey "Cactus" Jack Call. He had died in an automobile
crash a little over a month earlier." as the Wikipedia website below
indicates.

Cline is claimed to have said the following as indicated by Wikipedia:

West asked Patsy to ride in the car with her and husband, Bill, back to
Nashville, a 16-hour drive, but Cline refused, saying, "Don't worry about
me, Hoss. When it's my time to go, it's my time."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patsy_Cline
No good deed goes unpunished....

Patsy Cline in some respects transcended "country music" insofar as her
voice was such a beautiful expression of the human spirit that categories
of music fail to encompass its power.

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett

Verse 1 referencing 1959 was definitely before my time. Verse 5 is