[Vision2020] The Friendship Square Fountain

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Mar 14 18:00:35 PDT 2013

Courtesy of the March 18th Moscow City Council agenda.

Friendship Square Fountain Pump & Wiring Replacement Project - Tom Grundin

The service life of the pump, wiring, and plumbing for the fountain at Friendship Square is reaching a point where imminent failure will result in a shutdown of the fountain for an extended period of time. Staff is recommending the replacement of the pump, valves, electrical service, dehumidifier, light fixture and associated plumbing. The replacement of this equipment will keep the fountain in excellent operating condition into the foreseeable future. Proposals were sought from local vendors and a combined price of $8,514 was received from McCoy Plumbing & Heating ($7,024.00) and Jeff's Electric Inc. ($1,490.00); $9,000 was budgeted for the work this fiscal year in Parks, #120-165-30-658-20, Repair & Maintenance Grounds. The other proposal received for the work totaled $9,968.00 from a single vendor. The work will be completed this spring, prior to the fountain being serviced and going operational in April. This was reviewed and recommended for approval by the Public Works/Finance Committee on March 11, 2013.

I strongly encourage the city to maintain the Friendship Square fountain, as I use it as a backdrop to each of my end-of-year "Auld Lang Syne" dedications to Moscow,

It is like soooooo cool.

"Auld Lang Syne, Moscow - 2010"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzoPxbtZddQ

"Auld Lang Syne, Moscow - 2011"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc911EHQy9Q

"Auld Lang Syne, Moscow - 2012"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2TEQ7_eZU8

Seeya round town, Moscow, because . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com

Tom Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

"There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill

- John Lennon