[Vision2020] Election Spurred a Move to Codify U.S. Drone Policy

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 25 10:53:29 PST 2012

Why didn't they start trying to codify this *before* the first drone
strike, instead of waiting until Romney was possibly about to take over?

There is so much wrong here, I don't know where to begin.  Why didn't
our constitutional scholar of a president question this "signature"
assassination thing?  Why didn't he question the idea of assassination
as a military tool, to begin with?

Oh, and I loved this bit:

"The draft rule book for drone strikes that has been passed among
agencies over the last several months is so highly classified, officials
said, that it is hand-carried from office to office rather than sent by
e-mail."

So much for his promises of an open and transparent government.

Paul