[Vision2020] third party candidates

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 16:22:56 PDT 2012

I would just like to remind people out there to take a look at the third
party candidates that are on your particular ballot for the Presidential
race.  For Idaho, it's Rocky Anderson (Independent), Virgil Goode
(Constitution), Gary Johnson (Libertarian), and Jill Stein (Independent).

If you live in a State that is a shoe-in for one of the main two
candidates, for or against, consider voting third party.  In my opinion,
breaking the two-party stranglehold on the political system is one of
the best things we could do for this country.  It would do wonders to
break the polarisation of our citizenship that is causing a lot of harm,
it would mean that certain issues that both parties currently in power
agree upon would have to be re-evaluated if third parties were stronger
in elections (to avoid losing votes to those third-party candidates),
and it would force a multidimensional look at political topics instead
of trying to shoe-horn everything into one axis, liberal or conservative.

Paul