[Vision2020] [Spam 5.31] Re: "No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child"

Chuck Kovis ckovis at turbonet.com
Fri May 25 13:04:22 PDT 2012

Damn, I forgot, Donovan.  He did everything in his power as the Jr.
Senator from Illinois and as the President of the United States to stop
this crap.   As Ross Caputi stated in the Guardian in March of this year:

"The consequentialist will argue that the good results outweigh the bad,
that democracy, freedom and the liberation of Afghan women will improve
the lives of Afghans so much that the deaths of a few are justified.
This is an easy judgment for westerners to make from the comforts of
their own homes; but it stinks of the same patriarchy and arrogance of
the white man's burden that justified colonialism for so many years. Has
anyone consulted Afghans and asked them if they think the good that the
west has promised will come of this occupation is worth the lives of
their family members?"

And, to you Tom, more Caputi:

"Yet, western audiences feel reassured knowing that most of the civilian
deaths in Afghanistan were not intended; and they only become outraged
when marines and soldiers clearly target civilians and kill women and
children
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jan/13/bush-my-lai-haditha-massacre-fund?INTCMP=SRCH>,
urinate on their bodies <http://livepage.apple.com/>, and plunder their
body parts as trophies
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/mar/30/kill-team-photos-afghanistan-us>.
 From Abu Ghraib, to Fallujah, to Haditha, and now to Panjwai, US forces
have committed massacres against civilians. These incidents stand out in
the western mind, but to Afghans and Iraqis, they are no different from
the daily slaughter of civilians by drones, air strikes, depleted
uranium and stray bullets."

When Caputi gets to write a column in one of the military "Times" I may
breath as long as Obama, Bush, Cheney, Clinton, Nixon, Johnson, Romney,
Kissinger etc., etc., hold power and rational thinking people swallow
the "security" crap hook, line and sinker.

  Chuck Kovis