[Vision2020] The Girl's Got Spunk . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jun 14 19:16:20 PDT 2012

In a Wednesday speech on a controversial bill that would further regulate abortions in the state of Michigan, Rep. Lisa Brown (D - East Lansing) . . .

"Thank you, Mr. Speaker. Well now I’m going in order of what I was saying. The sergeant is now removing 10,000 cards like these from constituents across the state whose voices were not allowed to be heard in committee, who stand and demand their rights. It was three big full boxes, there are more than 10,000 cards.

This legislation does a lot of things, Mr Speaker. It regulates business, requiring exhorbitant insurance policies to be purchased which will result in clinics closing, causing people to lose their jobs, and denying women their constitutional rights.

Yesterday we heard the representative from Holland speak about religious freedom. I’m Jewish. I keep kosher in my home. I have two sets of dishes, one for meat and one for dairy, and another two sets of dishes on top of that for Passover. Judaism believes that therapeutic abortion, namely abortions performed in order to preserve the life of the mother, are not only permissible but mandatory. The stage of pregnancy does not matter. Wherever there is a question of the life of the mother or that of the unborn child, Jewish law rules in favor of preserving the life of the mother. The status of the fetus as human life does not equal that of the mother. I have not asked you to adopt and adhere to my religious beliefs. why are you asking me to adopt yours.

And finally Mr. Speaker, I’m flattered that you’re all so interested in my vagina but no means no."

---------------

On Thursday, Rep. Brown was silenced by the Michigan House Speaker for saying "vagina".
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0612/77445.html

Rep. Lisa Brown speaks out against House attack on women's health

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eRyQi-o9MA

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Moscow, Idaho