[Vision2020] who pays for Megaload cops?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 4 13:29:10 PDT 2011

Paul states,

"As a property tax payer, I'd rather pay for general police coverage that way than to have to have a credit card handy when I dial 911."

Paul, I think that is an excellent counter argument to a claim that people should be required to personally finance the costs of their legitimate emergencies to the city. But since that claim was never made I am unsure as to why you would make it.

However, I am sure that many for profit businesses would be pleased to hear that you are willing to pay a share of their costs of doing business by transferring their company responsibilities to publicly funded government agencies they don't pay into. I am not so willing and generous as you are, apparently. I believe that general city services should be used for the general public not to pawn off expenses of private for profit companies to local taxpayers.

Donovan Arnold