[Vision2020] Steve Jobs

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 07:38:34 PDT 2011

I'm saddened to see one of the true visionaries that helped bring
desktop computing to the masses pass away.

I don't generally use Apple products, though I do own an iPod shuffle.
The last Apple computer I used I think was the Apple IIc (or was it a
IIe?) that was, iirc, in the foyer of the Principal's office in the
Junior High when I was going to school here.  Maybe it was at the High
School.  It's been too long ago.

Anyway, without the early entrepreneurs like Jobs, we wouldn't be where
we are today.  The world of computing could have taken a different turn,
and been much more closed and distant.  Think massive mainframes and
public computer terminals.

He was also involved in Lucasfilms and Pixar, and anyone connected to
Pixar rocks in my book.

Paul