[Vision2020] Science Denialist Rush Limbaugh: "Bye-Bye Nomination" As Romney Admits Human Impacts on Climate

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 11:42:30 PDT 2011

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/612664/romney_tries_to_appeal_to_sane_people_by_acknowledging_climate_change%3B_wingnuts_are_not_pleased/

>From website above:

"Bye-bye, nomination,” Rush Limbaugh said Tuesday on his radio talk
show after playing a clip of Romney’s climate remark. “Another one
down. We’re in the midst here of discovering that this is all a hoax.
The last year has established that the whole premise of man-made
global warming is a hoax, and we still have presidential candidates
that want to buy into it.”
------------------
Aparently Rush Limbaugh has greater knowledge and expertise on climate
science than the scientists involved in the following recent 2011
releases from the Vatican, the Geological Society of America, and the
Nobel Laureate Symposium on Global Sustainability, that are all
describing a transition to the "Anthropocene" for our planet, in part
connected to human impacts on climate (not to forget the dozens of
other scientific oganizations in many nations that are all in
agreement on this issue)

Fate of Mountain Glaciers in the Anthropocene:

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_academies/acdscien/
-----------------
GSA 2011 Annual Meeting and Exposition: Archean to Anthropocene:

http://www.geosociety.org/meetings/2011/

-----------------
Nobel Laureate Symposium on Global Sustainability

http://globalsymposium2011.org/news-and-media/memorandum

>From website above:

"The Stockholm Memorandum concludes that the planet has entered a new
geological age, the Anthropocene. It recommends a suite of urgent and
far-reaching actions for decision makers and societies to become
active stewards of the planet for future generations."
The extent to which the republican or tea party (or whatever it is)
political viewpoint is anti-science on the issue of human impacts on
climate is, frankly, frightening, given how shockingly widespread!

It reminds me of poor Galileo facing the science deniers of his time,
only in this case it is potentially far more dangerous for the future
of humanity, given that Galileo was not revealing science, as climate
scientists now are, indicating humanity is jeapordizing the well being
of billions of people, and the global eco-systems on which people are
dependent.