[Vision2020] Computer question

Dave tiedye at turbonet.com
Wed Jan 26 16:45:12 PST 2011

You can't "dump" IE it has become "integral" to windows at least
according to Microsucks. (that was the basis of the European anti-trust
suit)  But it is easy to remove all the shortcuts to it.

Firefox will run much better then IE on a netbook as it is a lighter
program.  Firefox 4.0 will run even better when it comes out (I've been
testing the beta version it is FAST!)

You might also want to install some of the programs listed here or
install their installer and select the ones you want.
http://lifehacker.com/5548767/lifehacker-pack-2010-our-list-of-essential-windows-downloads
these are many of the essential programs that Windoze does not include.

Dave

--
Windows, OSX, or Linux is the same choice as:
McDonald's, Burger King, or a (real) Co-Op.