[Vision2020] Religious Concerns about a Candidate?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 16 21:39:29 PDT 2010

My take on the subject of religious beliefs and political candidacy:

1.  I don't care what a particular candidate believes, or what their
favorite preacher/pastor/guru/familiar believes or even espouses
publicly.  Whether it's fairies, transubstantiation, reincarnation, or
that all geeks should burn in hell, I truly don't care and don't think
we should be debating them.

however

2.  I *do* care whether or not a candidate has tried to push their
beliefs on others by using their political position, and I *do* care
whether or not they have tried to limit the rights of others to believe
whatever insane crap they wish to believe in.  Those topics, in my
opinion, are free game.

Paul