[Vision2020] Free Ticket & Travel Costs Paid to Climate Change Film "Age of Stupid" Showing Spokane, Wa. Sept. 21, 8 PM: Coordinating With UN Climate Change Summit: New York, Sept.22

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 18:34:47 PDT 2009

Yes, I know, "The Age of Stupid" is a questionable title, but the science
advisor for this film is Mark Lynas, author of the award winning book, "Six
Degrees: Our Future on a Hotter Planet" which won the prestigious Royal
Society science book award.

I have purchased two tickets to this event on Fandango.

I am wondering if anyone would be interested in ride sharing to attend this
FATHOM event film, with live content (Kofi Annan, et. al.), featuring the
new climate change film "The Age of Stupid."  I have purchased one ticket
for anyone wishing to attend this event. I will pay all fuel costs, if
someone has an energy efficient vehicle, which I do not, to travel to
Spokane and back to the Moscow area.  Spokane is the closest city to Moscow
that is holding this event, at the Regal Northtown Mall 12 cinemas.

This film has already been released in other nations, and will show in
Spokane, Wa. Sept. 21, at 8 PM.  This is a one of a kind event, to help
generate support for actions to address climate change, given the UN Summit
on Climate Change is Sept. 22, a sort of warm up effort for the Copenhagen
United Nations Climate Change Conference in Dec. 2009.

About FATHOM event "Age of Stupid," with film and live content:

http://www.ncm.com/Fathom/OriginalPrograms/AgeofStupid.aspx

Film "Age of Stupid" website:

http://www.ageofstupid.net/

Info on showing locations and ticket purchasing:

http://www.ageofstupid.net/usa

Info on Mark Lynas as science advisor for "The Age of Stupid."

http://www.ageofstupid.net/node/227

Info on Mark Lynas's "Six Degrees" winning prestigious Royal Society Science
book award:

http://royalsociety.org/book.asp?id=7668

http://www.marklynas.org/2008/6/18/six-degrees-wins-presitigious-royal-society-prize

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2008/jun/17/news.science

Info on UN Climate Change Summit Sept. 22, 2009:

http://www.un.org/News/briefings/docs/2009/090908_Pasztor.doc.htm

http://www.un.org/wcm/content/site/climatechange/cache/offonce/pages/2009summit;jsessionid=35566B8A5FEF844AFCD77140EF27444A

Info On UN Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen Dec. 2009:

http://en.cop15.dk/

Anyone with a fuel efficient vehicle who wants to ride share to Spokane for
this event (with one free ticket supplied) and share the fuel costs let me
know:

Ted Moffett
208-882-8643
starbliss at gmail.com