[Vision2020] Obama to Name Sotomayor as Supreme Court Pick

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Thu May 28 19:44:09 PDT 2009

Taken in context, Sotomayor clearly meant that a Latina women has had
experiences uniquely applicable to Latina's and other minorities.  Not
a whiff of racism unless one is bent on conjuring it.

I spent a long time in the military, so I could truthfully say that,
as a veteran, I am better qualified to understand VA issues than a
non-vet, and I am invoking no unsavory "isms."

I spent many years living abroad, so I can truthfully say that, as an
experienced traveler, I understand a lot about living in different
cultures that a non-traveler wouldn't understand.  No prejudice
involved.

What is the same about both of these roles is that they define a
minority experience.  The minority experience isn't well represented
in the Supreme Court, which is one one of the reasons that Sotomayoris
a good pick.