[Vision2020] Fundamentalist Nonsense

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Mar 4 12:23:26 PST 2009

Courtesy of today's (March 4, 2009) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with special
thanks to Ralph Nielsen.

Fundamentalist nonsense

Leonard C. Johnson makes the absolutely false claim that "Evolution is
more religion than science" (letter to the editor, Feb. 28). He repeats
the threadbare fundamentalist nonsense that acceptance of the process of
evolution as a scientific fact is a leap of faith into the realm of the
unproven.

If Johnson or anybody else can prove that the theory of evolution is not
the basis of the whole of science he should write it up in a refereed
scientific journal. I am sure he will be awarded a Nobel Prize in science
for such an amazing accomplishment.

If he would rather write that the universe is the result of a mysterious
kind of magic performed by an invisible deity he should submit it to a
journal specializing in religion or folklore. (I think we have one here in
Moscow.)

But Leonard Johnson had better not delay. I issued a similar challenge to
Doug Wilson about 20 years ago. I haven't yet heard that he has proven the
theory of evolution wrong, nor that he has been nominated for a Nobel
Prize.

As a fellow Scandinavian I'm rooting for Johnson. Please don't let me
down, Leonard. Note: A scientific theory is an explanation of the facts.

Ralph Nielsen, Moscow

Seeya at the Intolerista Wingding, Moscow.
http://www.MoscowCares.com/Wingding

Tom Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

"For a lapsed Lutheran born-again Buddhist pan-Humanist Universalist
Unitarian Wiccan Agnostic like myself there's really no reason ever to go
to work."

- Roy Zimmerman