[Vision2020] Happiness is a Choice

nickgier at roadrunner.com nickgier at roadrunner.com
Fri Jan 9 13:50:13 PST 2009

Greetings:

I agree that achieving happiness is a choice and it has a lot to do with attitude, but the end of the following sentence simply does not make sense:

Thus, we’re more likely to experience happiness if we realize it’s not
just getting what we want. It’s learning to want what we get.

Just one problem with this last sentence is the obvious fact that there are lots of things we get that we did not desire.

Perhaps some of you saw my column on happiness--"Happy Hour is not what Aristotle Had in Mind" at www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/happiness.htm.

Nick Gier