[Vision2020] Trading Latah National Forests for Home Sites

Bill London london at moscow.com
Mon Apr 6 11:30:47 PDT 2009

 PUBLIC MEETING UPPER LOCHSA LAND EXCHANGE
Wednesday April 8th, 5-7 PM

  Moscow Job Service Conference Room

  1350 Troy Rd. Moscow, Id. (Behind the old Sears building)

  "Chance to comment on upper Lochsa Land Exchange with

  Western Pacific Timber Co."

  TALKING POINTS TO CONSIDER ON A TRADE BETWEEN THE PEOPLE’S LAND AND A PRIVATE DEVELOPER:

  1).  All national forest lands are owned by the American people

  2).  The owners most affected by this trade are people who live in the counties where national forests are to be traded.

  3). The Forest Service works for We the People and is hired by our taxes to manage the national forests, not make unacceptable trades to private developers.

  4). Has the Forest Service/county commissioners polled the people most affected by a trade to determine what the people, the owners, most affected want to do?

  You guess.

  5). Alternative: Do not trade away the national forests to private developers but work to purchase the Lochsa stripped lands from the owner and turn them into national forests managed correctly by the peoples’ management entity, the USFS.