[Vision2020] Sarah Palin

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Sep 2 15:18:11 PDT 2008

I would say that Troopergate and Babygate are the least of Sarah Palin's
worries.

She has been linked (as the mayor of Wasilia, Alaska) to a lobby group she
contracted to acquire federal funds to subsidize some town projects.
Funds totalling more than $25 million over a 4-year period while she was
mayor.  One of these "local projects" was to create a rail system from
Wasilia to the town in which Senator Stevens (remember him as the senator
under FBI investigation from "Bridge to Nowere" fame) lives.  The price
tag on this rail system . . . $15 million, all federally subsidized.  Both
she and Senator Stevens contracted the same lobby group (Robertson,
Monagle & Eastaugh).

Furthermore, according to an Anchorage Daily News update, the FBI has
disclosed recordings of 100+ wiretaps of Robertson, Monagle & Eastaugh.

The only item of interest from this update is that the wiretaps mention
several Alaskan politicians (names not yet disclosed).

As far as I am concerned, I don't care if Bristol Palin's baby looks like
her math teacher.  I am more concerned about the $6.1 million in annual
federal funds allocated to Wasilia, Alaska (a town, at that time, with a
population just over 6,000).

HECK!  Boise, a town of 190,000 only draws $6.9 million per year in
federal subsidies.

Tom Hansen
Moscow, Idaho