[Vision2020] Don't you get it? EVERYONE'S rights are in peril!

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Nov 6 07:03:10 PST 2008

Although several well-financed groups in California continue to fight the
good fight for equality in opposing Proposition 8, ignorance continues to
force its self-righteous morality against those who simply desire to share
their lives in peace.

This ignorance can be simply labeled . . .

"Queer Fear"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/Queer_Fear.mp3

As this ignorance is now law in California, for the time being, perhaps
Kris Kristofferson said it best . . .

"So thank your lucky stars you've got protection
Walk the line, and never mind the cost
And don't wonder who them lawmen was protecting
When they nailed the savior to the cross."

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Tom "Straight, but not narrow" Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

> The long awaited for election is finally over.  We breathe a sigh of
relief>  and look forward to the promise of change and hope for the future.

> However, there's also a dark side to this past election.  It is so
distur> bing that one of our states would have an initiative on the ballot
chang> e their state constitution, to allow for discrimination against one
speci> fic group of citizens.  And then it passed.  Bigotry is now law.

> We need to keep an eye on our neighbor states, because what affects them
> today , could affect us tomorrow.  We must be ever vigilant of distant
ou> tside forces that would try to manipulate events close to our home.  We
mus> t realize that hate was well funded. . . money was poured into
California
b> y groups that preach love.  "Love your neighbor". . . . but make sure
it's