[Vision2020] [SPAM] Another Sunny Day in Moscow

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Mon Jan 21 13:59:26 PST 2008

Greetings:

Gail and I will be going to Mexico for a month next Monday, but there
is nothing I love better than a bright sunny Moscow day with
temperatures in the single digits (over even lower).

I went to graduate school in LA and there is nothing more boring than
having essentially the same season all the time.

Nick Gier

At 10:33 AM 1/21/2008, you wrote:
>Just being silly here, but this seems like a great day to discuss
>global warming...
>

>On Jan 21, 2008, at 9:09 AM, Kai Eiselein, editor wrote:
>
>Kihei, located on the island of Maui, has a forecast of temps in the
>mid 70's through the next 10 days, with a chance of showers the 27th
>through 30th.
>Now, doesn't that make everyone feel better?
>
>A-looooooooo-ha
>  List services made available by First Step Internet,
>                http://www.fsr.net

"Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to
human affairs."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Abstract truth has no value unless it incarnates in human beings who
represent it, by proving their readiness to die for it."
  --Mohandas Gandhi

"Modern physics has taught us that the nature of any system cannot be
discovered by dividing it into its component parts and studying each
part by itself. . . .We must keep our attention fixed on the whole
and on the interconnection between the parts. The same is true of our
intellectual life. It is impossible to make a clear cut between
science, religion, and art. The whole is never equal simply to the
sum of its various parts." --Max Planck

Nicholas F. Gier
Professor Emeritus, Department of Philosophy, University of Idaho
1037 Colt Rd., Moscow, ID 83843
http://www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/home.htm
208-882-9212/FAX 885-8950
President, Idaho Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO
http://www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/ift.htm