[Vision2020] royal flush

roger hayes rhayes at turbonet.com
Fri Feb 8 06:40:15 PST 2008

I do appreciate this forum allowing us to discuss what our city council
has agreed to with Hawkins. I suggest everyone read the
Settlement/Agreement located on the city of Moscow website. After I
read it, I came up with an image of a poker game. Our city council was
holding a royal flush, we have the water, the sewage treatment, the
fire, the police, and the market, but no, the council decided to fold
instead of even trying to call Hawkins' bluff. Why would they do
something so dumb?
One argument posted was that Hawkins was going to move forward with
their plans without us. Well, this argument is just hogwash! Withdraw
our support and see how quickly Hawkins navigates Washington DEQ,
drills wells, builds a sewage treatment plant, and negotiates with
Pullman or rural Whitman county for fire and police protection.
We had all the cards. The city council walked away from the table with
less than nothing. I would like to think that this was simply poor
poker playing, but my instinct tells me something different. The game
was rigged.

Roger Hayes
Moscow!