[Vision2020] Shoe-Tossing Rallies in Canada

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 16:45:16 PST 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 15:23, Donovan Arnold
<donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I only got 18,000 hits on Google, and many of them were not for what you used it for. The few that were using it were Bloggers using it in a negative way, which means to me it is an offensive as a derogatory term.

To be fair, I suspect you were searching for the plural version, while
I searched for the singular version, following my explanation of the
word's formation:

> There is no extra "i."  The "i" is part of the common prefix "ian," as
in WashingtonIAN, etc. (capitalization mine):

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=usian&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

I've clicked through the first dozen or so links, none of  which
produced a negative use.

> If it isn't listed as Definition anywhere, it isn't a word yet.

Consider it an emerging word, then.  I indicated only that it was my
preference, for the reasons that I gave.  I've actually used it for
years, likely even on this forum.

Why are we having this stupid argument?  If I indicated that my
favorite color was red, which you argue about it?  Would you point out
that that the word red sometimes had negative connotations?

 As in, when referring to Republicans, for example?

Chas