[Vision2020] Ex-UI Researcher Faces Deportation

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 13:32:22 PDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 12:44, J Ford <privatejf32 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry for this family, the UI, the community and this country that this
> is happening.  However, the article and personnel at the Immigration
> Department are correct - it is up to the individual to make sure things are
> in order and done when they need to be.

The UI sponsored this individual into this country.  They were her
trusted point of contact.  They screwed her, and should be stepping
forward to make amends now, but instead are playing a game of
bureaucratic "CYA."

> No ONE individual, not matter their work, is more important than another when it comes to immigration.

I'm going to have to disagree.  A orchard worker is pretty expendable
(i.e., "easily replaceable" for those who will predictably choose to
be outraged by an honest vocabulary). .  This researcher isn't.

> The main "blame" has got to lie in the lap of the researcher.

The only blame is the enforcers of these chickenshit rules who don't
realize that ALL rules are made to be broken in the right
circumstance.  But immigration work seems to attract rule Nazis.

I'm sorry, Katarzyna Dziewanowska.

Chas