[Vision2020] If we care about public education

donald huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Sun Nov 11 13:30:40 PST 2007

The focus of my email was not to comment unfavorably about Doug Wilson and
his flock.  It was to point out, as if I should have to, the power of a
large block of votes in this community.  For years many of us have
complained about the incremental encroachments in Moscow by a theology and
political agenda that few of us share.  By and large we were dismissed as
crackpots, one trick ponies, and shrews.  I don't mind one bit being viewed
as a shrill Cassandra, but I do mind a great deal the consequence of
ignoring persistent warnings.  It is imperative that those readers who
support and have benefited by public education vote to sustain the levy.
Those who wish to nitpick certain elements of the levy will do so.  Those
with ideological aversion to public education are licking their chops at
another opportunity to stick their fingers in our eyes. But those of us, who
I believe are in the majority,  who wish to see a strong public education in
this district are obliged to support the levy, attend the school district
financial hearings, and work constructively to improve and strengthen public
education in our community.

Rose