[Vision2020] God's Shed!

News of Christ Cult news.of.christ.cult at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 15:59:25 PST 2007

   The Stubborn Curmudgeon <http://thestubborncurmudgeon.blogspot.com/>

News & views from a secular irregular

Wednesday, November 7, 2007  God's
Shed!<http://thestubborncurmudgeon.blogspot.com/2007/11/idaho-sc-newswire-authors-david.html>

<http://bp1.blogger.com/_bfMjLVWoC5M/RzJgzwoW3HI/AAAAAAAAAi0/58QOsoFtPL0/s1600-h/woodshed1c.jpg>
(Idaho) *SC Newswire*: Authors David Marshall
<http://www.bookschristian.com/artistprofiles.php?author=David%20Marshall>and
Thomas Crean <http://torch.op.org/preaching/preacher/43>have decided to join
forces in an attempt to write a book based on their experience of finding
God in a woodshed behind Douglas
Wilson's<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Wilson_%28theologian%29>house.
The Almighty was discovered on two separate occasions by both men
when they had visited the Wilson residence for purposes of prayer meetings,
business discussions and obtaining fresh-baked crackers.

"I was in Douglas' back yard," said Marshall, "and there was this loud thud.
I went to see where it was coming from and that was when I saw His face. It
was bright, filled with light and beautiful—like a real pretty flood-light
<http://www.germes-online.com/direct/dbimage/50236477/Flood_Light.jpg>with a
beard or something."

"I had a similar experience," said Crean. "I knew instinctively that God
could be no delusion and I heard a noise coming from Wilson's woodshed. We
were talking about the implications of promoting Hannah Montana
<http://www.mileycyrus.com/movies/index.htm>on the Christianity Today
website when I heard a noise, stepped outside for a moment and looked around
the corner to see a tiny crack in the shed's doorway. Moments later…there He
was. He was guiding evolution via a wire antenna
<http://growabrain.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/balloon_god.jpg>and
talking to a woman from Cleveland who was praying for her car keys to be
found. It was simply amazing! I'll tell you this: Dawkins is wrong!"

Subsequent reports in Wilson's neighborhood have attested to the same
phenomenon and have many worried that God may be in need of a larger
workspace.

"I don't see how He can work in there like that," said Marge Collier, a
34-year resident of Moscow, Idaho. "It just ain't right! I think Thomas
Crean and that Marshall fellow stuffed Him in there to sell their new book.
I swear, I'm gonna take the choir over there and let Him out before the
devil or the new atheists
<http://www.secularstudents.org/files/collin_pz_skatje.jpg>take over our
community."

Despite the new evidence of God's definitive location, press reporters have
been having a difficult time persuading Wilson to let them videotape the
shed for syndicated documentation.

Posted by Lucretius  at 4:08
PM<http://thestubborncurmudgeon.blogspot.com/2007/11/idaho-sc-newswire-authors-david.html>

<http://www.blogger.com/email-post.g?blogID=7467859867382637327&postID=3633412653916961354>