[Vision2020] Moscow's Growth Policies Don't Apply to Whitman(ordothey?)

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Mon Jan 15 10:53:31 PST 2007

What would be the incentive for the property owner to allow his land to be tied up in this manner? How is a number/value arrived at for the development rights? Can you provide an example of where this has been "successful elsewhere" along with the details? I can see how this would work for farmers/land owners who really do not want to let their land go but for a owner who might be looking to cash out, I do not see what incentive he would have to participate. Or is this a program where saying no thank you is not an option?