[Vision2020] "The Final Solution" by Voting Yes on Feb. 6

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Sat Feb 3 12:39:35 PST 2007

Donovan says:

"You want to take away the home of the elderly, without providing them
another home in the community"

uh, I'm pretty sure the building (except for the Gritman-run pool) has
been a home to no one since the end of the year.  Not a solid argument,
pard.  And using the "Final Solution" tag is a little tasteless.  Just
because you have heartburn against Gritman doesn't make it a bad plan.

Mind you, I'm not sure this is the best plan, but I haven't seen a
better one that keeps this property somewhat in the public interest.
I'm not saying I'm against the sale and the removal of the reversionary
clause, but I honestly wish there was more time for Gritman to give the
community a solid idea as to what they'd like to do.

If Gritman wasn't involved, I think this would be dead in the water.
It's going to be close.

Hoping for the best possible outcome,

DC