[Vision2020] attacks, gossip, and fairness

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Feb 1 10:42:42 PST 2007

I've been taken to task offlist by people angered at my earlier comments
regarding J Ford's posting of church support for Doug Farris and his wife's
anniversary trip.  I'm sorry that people feel I've been unfair to J Ford.  I
disagree.  And I'm sorry if it seemed to them that it was cowardly of me to
respond only after Doug himself responded.  Again, I disagree.

To respond to J's post without waiting for a response from Doug, the subject
of it, would have just promoted more gossip.  Doug's response included J's
post and gave as much information about what was going on as J's.  My
waiting until Doug wrote was to ensure that gossip didn't continue; if he
was OK discussing it online, then I was.  If not, I would have written a
much more general reprimand, without details, and if J's post was factually
wrong and corrected by Doug, I would have written even a stronger one.

J, I know you to be a decent person, and I do care how you feel.  I didn't
like what you did and felt that it deserved to be called out.  That's all.

keely