[Vision2020] Trinity Festival protest

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 19:19:01 PDT 2007

Doesn't freedom of religion trump simple dislike for the church or some
of it's members?  If there are irregularities with how they were granted
permits or something, then that should be looked into.  But why disturb
their festival?  What is their political and economic agendas that these
activists are protesting?

Granted, people have a right to protest as long as they keep it civil
and follow the law.  It's just that I have never understood why people
are so opposed to them.  Most of the objections I've heard have to do
with zoning laws and permits for the NSA school.  That sounds like a
problem with the authorities and not Christ Church.  There are lots of
comments about their theology (Southern slavery, odd ideas about how
they think a "biblical" society would work, etc), but so what?  They
have every right to believe as they wish, whether or not I think the lot
of them have been standing too long in the hot sun with no hat.

I don't agree theologically with them at all.  But who am I to try to
tell them they can't expand themselves?

I have great respect for you all as community leaders, I just think you
going too far sometimes.

Paul