[Vision2020] Army Officer Accuses His Generals of Iraq Failures

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 28 13:03:47 PDT 2007

Tom "Imus" Hansen writes:

  "They are being replaced by those generals who are willing to blindly follow the policies of George Bush."

  You are opposed to our Generals following the orders of the President of the United States?

  Whose orders do you propose that we have our US Generals follow?

  Best,

  Donovan

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:
        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                Arnold grumbles:

  “So then Sunil, you believe this 05 officer, you think it is the fault of the men in uniform's the war is not going well, not the fault of Bush and his administration?”

  No, Arnold.  Judging by Sunil’s statement, he (as well as I) holds those generals in command responsible for the health, welfare, and direction of the troops under their supervision.  Responsibility starts at the top.  Bush has a long history of appointing generals whose sole purpose in life is to oblige George Bush and his whims.  If you recall, and I am certain that you do, more generals (in command positions) have joined the ranks of the retired (either forcefully or by choice) these past few years than any four-year war period in our nation’s history.  They are being replaced by those generals who are willing to blindly follow the policies of George Bush.

  Arnold goes on to imply that Sunil is un-American by stating:

  “Sunil, can you say, ‘I love my country, the United States of America’. Or would that be a lie?”

  Sunil has NEVER given me ANY reason to doubt his affection for the United States of America.  Quite contrarily, Arnold, Sunil (as well as I) continues to show his patriotism by questioning authority.

  You see, Arnold.  The opposite of love is not hate.  It is apathy.

  And yet Arnold continues . . .

  “I am beginning to think that Sunil doesn't like the United States. He seems to accept any argument against it regardless of validity or harm it brings to others.”

  Who on this list, Arnold, argued against the United States?  I recall several arguments against the government, not against our country

  In fact, I believe that Sunil (like many of us) loves . . .

  “America”
  http://www.tomandrodna.com/Stuff/I_Love_America.mp3

  Seeya round town, Moscow.

  Tom Hansen
  Moscow, Idaho

  "I love my country but fear my government."

- Author Unknown