[Vision2020] courtney exploits tragedy

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Oct 5 19:05:38 PDT 2006

I had prayed, literally and with tears, that this wouldn't happen, but . . .

Dale Courtney's blog, in reporting yesterday's arrest of a Moscow pastor on
sex charges, jeeringly asks how much play THIS will get on "Venom 2020," the
obvious implication being that all of us "Intoleristas" won't condemn the
alleged behavior of a pastor not affiliated with Christ Church, so vitriolic
are we in our hatred of the Kirk.

Dear God.

I am so sorry, so sickened, but not at all surprised,  that this professing
believer would attempt to make the tragedy of the pastor's arrest into an
"Intoleristas persecuting Christ Church" claim.  Dale, you are a pathetic
human being.  You embarrass yourself, you shame your Savior, and you cast
even more of a bad light on your congregation.  I am copying this to Doug
Wilson, your pastor, in the hope that he will deliver the rebuke you
deserve.  Any other pastor would be aghast at your callousness, and I hope
he is.  Your shameless grandstanding and the carelessness with which you
hurl your peculiar brand of invective reveals you to be a person of hard
heart, poison tongue, and curiously convoluted mind.  What in hell is wrong
with you?

I'm heartbroken about Malgren's arrest.  If he's guilty, it's a tragedy.  If
he's not, it's a tragedy.  Either way, his family is suffering terribly, as
is his congregation, and if the charges are true, a young woman is and has
been suffering terribly.  I stated publicly during the Sitler debacle that
if his confession of faith in Christ Jesus is sincere, he is my brother and
he has my prayers.  Same with Malgren -- he and his family are in my
family's prayers, and I've written them a note to offer my condolences and
support.  That doesn't make me any more or less an Intolerista, an "enemy"
of Christ Church, or a good person.  That Dale Courtney would be so blinded
by hate as to use this situation as he has is despicable beyong words, and I
fear for the state of his vicious, toxic, and withered soul.

May God have mercy.

keely