[Vision2020] The God of Scripture Never Approves of Lying

The Scimitar thescimitar13 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9 12:08:28 PDT 2006

Doug Wilson on June 08, 2006, Thurs. states, "But is it legitimate to lie to fellow
parishoners, citizens, family?  No, not at all--it is breaking the ninth commandment."

It's saddening that you have come to this state of unabashed deception.  You would have you fellow citizens think you had no knowledge of your deception in
 what constitutes nonprofit, nor would you have your parishoners know of your
 fabrications concerning Terry Morin, a former parishoner of yours, and still
 Christian in spite of that fact, thanks be to God only.

You're fond of using Rahab as an example to condone lying (situation ethics), but
Scripture never commended her (nor anyone else) for lying, but for her faith and trust in the Most High God.  God is not double-minded.  A sovereign, holy God
can accomplih His will without lies whether in peace or war. His very character is
Truth--"He is the Rock, His work is perfect; For all His ways are justice, A God
of truth and without injustice; Righteous and upright is He" (Deuteronomy 32:4).
"Sanctify them by Your truth.  Your word is truth" (I John 17:17).  "God is Spirit,
and those who worship Him most worship in spirit and truth" (John4:24).  God
cannot lie "...in which it was impossible for God to lie,..." (Hebrews 6:18).
"...and that no lie is of the truth" (I John 2:21).  An omniscient and all powerful
 God can work around the deceit of man, but it's never commended.  Beware, as
 no man is indispensible to God.

Your postmillennial stand would have "you" as the annointed of God wielding the
sword, but this is contrary to Scripture once Christ came (and this is not
concerning civil government).  See the Sermon on the Mount, Matthew 5.
Unscriptural forced conversion (contradictory terms) is not frowned upon by you.
The culture war you declare we're in would give you even more unscriptural
justification to rationalize your lies.

Stay far from the "...useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain.  From such withdraw
yourself." (I Timothy 6:5)  "But we have renounced the hidden things of shame,
not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully, but by
manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience
in the sight of God." (II Corinthians 4:2)

Remember, beloved people, that your Adversary is the author of lies (John 8:44).
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:..."(Philippians 2:5).
"...Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts."
(Zechariah 4:6)

Doug,--the Jews and the Gestapo, really your "courage" has been seen.  The
time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end.
No truth, no strength, no honor.

<Scimitar>

http://mail.yahoo.com