[Vision2020] Boise's Dominance: Micron, HP

Debbie Gray dgray at uidaho.edu
Mon Jun 5 12:36:14 PDT 2006

Donovan, this is the definition that the Bureau of Economic Analysis uses
for transfer payments. Note it includes federal grants and loans to
students. Let me know if this helps. Remember, these are for individuals
not institutions.
Debbie
http://www.bea.gov/bea/regional/definitions/

Personal current transfer receipts

This component of personal income is payments to persons for which no
current services are performed. It consists of payments to individuals and
to nonprofit institutions by Federal, state, and local governments and by
businesses.

Government payments to individuals includes retirement and disability
insurance benefits, medical payments (mainly Medicare and Medicaid),
income maintenance benefits, unemployment insurance benefits, veterans
benefits, and Federal grants and loans to students. Government payments to
nonprofit institutions excludes payments by the Federal Government for
work under research and development contracts. Business payments to
persons consists primarily of liability payments for personal injury and
of corporate gifts to nonprofit institutions.

All state and local area dollar estimates are in current dollars (not
adjusted for inflation).