[Vision2020] Update on Terry Wright

Jennifer McFarland jmcfarland at latah.id.us
Wed Jul 19 10:27:56 PDT 2006

All:

Greetings, as most of you know I have been out of the office on vacation and
today is my first day back.  While I was out I received several inquiries
into Terry D.P. Wright's condition.  Here is his status as of Monday evening
July 17th, 2006.

Terry D.P. Wright, the 35 year-old Moscow man who attempted suicide in the
Latah County jail on July 7th, was ordered to the custody of his family on
July 17th.  Wright's family had him removed from life support.  According to
information given to our jail, Wright will receive comfort care until which
time he expires.  As Wright is no longer legally in the custody of the Latah
County Sheriff's Office (by judge's order), no further updates regarding
Wright's condition will be made available through this office.  Wright was
arrested on July 6th by Moscow Police Department on charges of Lewd Conduct
with a minor child under the age of 16.  Wright apparently attempted to hang
himself on July 7th, shortly after his bail was set at $100,000.  Latah
County jail staff, Idaho State Patrol, and Moscow Police Department officers
attempted to revive Wright while waiting approximately three minutes from
the time of dispatch for the Moscow Ambulance crew to take over life-saving
efforts.  Wright's status varied but was generally unstable throughout the
day of the 7th.  Wright remains at Gritman Medical Center receiving comfort
care.  No further information is available.

--Jennifer

PIO Jennifer L. McFarland
Latah County Sheriff's Office
Public Information Officer
PO Box 8068
Moscow, Idaho 83843
(208) 882-2216
Fax (208) 883-2281
 <http://www.latah.id.us/Dept/Sheriff_Main.htm>
http://www.latah.id.us/Dept/Sheriff_Main.htm

Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to affairs.
***Ralph Waldo Emerson