[Vision2020] Moscow Public Art Town Hall Meeting

Bill London london at moscow.com
Tue Feb 14 15:47:13 PST 2006

Town Hall Meeting for Public Art

  The City of Moscow's Public Art Task Force will hold a town hall meeting on March 7, 2006 at 7 p.m. at the 1912 Center, 412 East Third Street.  The purpose of the meeting is to report on the Task Force's accomplishments and to gather community input on their work thus far.

  The Task Force, under the direction of the Moscow Arts Commission, was appointed by former Mayor Marshall Comstock to assist the community and the City in the development and implementation of a public art program.  The group is composed of representatives from City staff, boards and commissions, artists and members of the business community.

  "We are eager to share what we have learned about public art with interested members of the community," says Deena Heath, director of the Moscow Arts Commission.  "The Task Force has worked very hard to develop a vision statement and preliminary goals.  Now it's time to fine-tune everything and develop a specific plan that will eventually lead to getting more public art in place.  We are looking forward to some lively public participation in this phase of the process."

  For additional information call 208-883-7036 or write dheath at ci.moscow.id.us.

  CONTACT:

  Deena Heath, Director

  Moscow Arts Commission