[Vision2020] Shoveling

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Sat Feb 11 19:02:51 PST 2006

Wayne Writes:

If you have ever spent time reading/listening/studying past statements of
dictators/corrupt leaders from countries, especially third world countries,
who are subjects of intense criticism from inside and out, you would know
that their defenses always contain words like those you quoted from
..Douglas Wilson:

'... are engaging in "Scurrilous attacks (that) do nothing but discredit
those who mount them, and those who listen to them"(sic).'

Me:

I think this is a very helpful analysis. The amount of rhetorical hypnosis
is something that seems to only increase in volume and frequency; although
perhaps this really just means I'm still waking up.  Someone on the inside
recently explained my Blog as the result of a mental disorder and an extreme
spiritual problem.  Everybody still spiritually in tune at the Kirk knows
not to even pretend that I've said anything rational, coherent, or true (out
of 160 posts aiming at all three) lest they be discredited themselves (an
hence how would they get a job, get married, show your face at church, etc).
After a few posts strongly criticizing Wilson, I had friends I've known for
10 years automatically perceive the mental illness or demon possession that
must have swiftly come upon me.

Michael Metzler