[Vision2020] Apologies and such

Mike Deleve coolerfixer at adelphia.net
Thu Dec 21 11:27:27 PST 2006

 Being relatively new to this board, I will admit to the guilty pleasure of reading SOME of the name calling.I have to state though, that Godwin's Law always comes to mind whenever I run into the distasteful and unconstructive verbiage. Even if you are not verbally attacking someone by addressing them as "a Nazi", it seems to me that there must be a corollary riding shotgun with the schoolyard behavior.
 Personally, I have become dismissive of anyone who resorts to name calling as a tactic in any type of debate. In my observations, the offense appears most often when a self righteous person is involved. Not to imply only the religious are the problem, I have read pejoratives from those who are secular as well. It would be a much more pleasant forum if all who post here could refrain from the name calling, but I am a realist and a pragmatist.Some people just cannot rise above (or grow up).So in my ramblings, I hope that I might give "The Visionaries" a little bit of my view from the peanut gallery.
 In closing, I would like to wish everyone a wonderful solstice today, which means we are no longer on the downhill slide to darkness! Hooray!!