[Vision2020] Thanksgiving tragedy

Tom Ivie the_ivies3 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 9 23:23:42 PST 2006

Some of you may have heard that a Moscow family experienced a tragedy on Thanksgiving day.  Two little children lost their Mom in a car accident in Spokane.  Both children were injured in the accident. One is a baby and one is a second grader at Lena Whitmore.  The Lena Whitmore Parent Assistance Team (PAT) is collecting funds from the public to help this family during this otherwise joyous season.

  Let's show this family the compassionate side of Moscow.   Funds will be collected at the Lena Whitmore office until this next Friday.  Please stop by and donate whatever you can - $5, $20, $100.  They have an enormous amount of expenses facing them in the form of funeral and hospital bills.  Let's help them out.  There are some 600 or so email addresses that are subscribed to vision2020.  If each of them donated only $10, that would amount to around $6000.  As a group, even though we have varying views and collegiality, we do have power - the power to make a difference.  Let's do it, and spread the word to your friends that may not be on 2020.  Thanks in advance for all of your donations.