[Vision2020] Critical Mass, A Public Menace! Inconvenient Truth -- What WE gonna do

david sarff davesway at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 27 09:35:43 PDT 2006

     Sunil,
Generally, we have roads in order to aid commerce. This level of engineering
for US 95 is precisely designed to increase productivity.
  I think what is really being suggested here is the wish for a “change” in
growth and development from and old model to a more supportable future
model. It could be suggested that the present configuration of the 95 four
lane supports and continues an imbalanced one sided form of development.
It does seem that improved efficiency for any kind of transportation mode
inherently increases activities related to the “type” of improvement.
Perhaps it is more of an out of control “Transit-adjacent development” some
of us are concerned about than actual “ Transit oriented development”.  I
certainly do not want to see the "Post Falls Effect” happen here…seems to be
happening anyway though.
I’d be a whole lot happier if the new 95 included a distinct alternative
transportation provision.

Perhaps this article is related: http://www.issues.org/19.1/belzer.htm

D Sarff