[Vision2020] Gas War - An Idea that Will Work

Barrett Schroeder Barrett at hideandfur.com
Fri Apr 21 18:36:22 PDT 2006

Here is a link to the Snopes (Urban Legends Reference) page on this email
plan, which in some form goes back to at least 2001, citing "high" gas
prices of $1.58 per gallon:

	http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

The article is somewhat interesting.  I think the last paragraph is simple
and insightful:

"The only practical way of reducing gasoline prices is through the
straightforward means of buying less gasoline, not through a simple and
painless scheme of just shifting where we buy it. The inconvenience of
driving less is a hardship too many people apparently aren't willing to
endure, however."

I would add that we can also hope for more efficient cars, such as hybrids,
or other transportation options.

Of course, as soon as I send this email I am going to get in my car and
drive across town ...

Barrett