[Vision2020] Playfield

James Reynolds chapandmaize at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 6 07:13:28 PDT 2006

Matt,

I wasn't part of the committee but judging from the makeup it seems that the
interested parties were all engaged so I am allowing their compromise to
stand for me also. Of course some folk wanted lights or it would not have
been an issue but the final thought of the committee was that the lights
would cause more harm than good. I think that this was driven most by the
fact that the UI has the observatory on the golf course hill and the
southern sky is very important to that program. It seems reasonable that the
lights not be put up if they would impinge upon an existing use of that
horizon.

I am also not so sure that the lights would be much utilized by the
children. It seems as if the lights were more wanted by the adult league
teams and the new fields are supposed to be for the children.

James Reynolds