[Vision2020] Rose's kind comments!

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Thu Sep 1 12:16:13 PDT 2005

Visionaries:

It is my practice not to comment on children or spouses of Vision 2020
contributors.  However, since Doug Farris raised the issue, I would  like to
briefly add to his remarks.  Not only were his children  extraordinarily well
behaved, they waited patiently through a meeting (that was  dull by even adult
standards), quietly and respectfully entertaining  themselves.  I confess that in
the same setting and at the  same age none of my sons would have been able to
avoid  playing the "poked-you-last game that inevitably escalated into a slug
fest.  I certainly don't mean to suggest that the Farris boys were  spiritless
little robots.   Far from it - the lively sparkle in  their eyes plainly
indicated that lots of imagination and (thank  goodness) the potential for
mischief are there in abundance.

Despite the enormous, indeed, currently  unbridgeable, ideological chasms
between us, it is clear that Doug and  I share an unmistakable commitment to our
children.  And, like my husband  and I, he and his wife have every reason to
be proud of them.

Rose  Huskey
"And he took his staff in his hand, and chose him  five smooth stones out of
the brook, and put them in a shepherd's bag which he  had, even in a scrip;
and his sling [was] in his hand: and he drew near to the  Philistine. "
1 Samuel 17:40