[Vision2020] Mr Masrick

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 24 16:25:03 PDT 2005

I am not sure about anybody elses references to liable or other such,
however, I listed the criminal variety, which is indeed not subject to any
person here bringing action.  The fact is that the mudslinger or slingers
can be charged by either the injured party brinign a complaint or by the
public authorities bringing charges.  Nobody here posting on V2020 has that
kind of authority.

It is however a good thing to remind people who enjoy posting possibly false
statements or ones that are guaged to interfer with the rights of others,
that there are consequences to their actions.  Rumors are cute and fun until
they have terrible impact on the lives of people.  Even Hansen seems to
think that any past occurence of youthful wrong doing has to at least meet
the standard of complete accuracy.

I would hope that you would condemn rumor mongers who hide behind anonymus
internet handles.  The candidates for office seem pretty solid in finding
that less than admirable behavior and I think that campaigns fought on
issues are far more likely to serve the community with its best people
winning than back door ddead of might whisper campaigns.

Besides, though not all people participate in the Joe, Ted, Chas and other
types of philosophical debates, one heck of a lot of us read their thoughts
and enjoy them as much as you do.  There are a lot of offline discussions
going on with respect to their current debate that are as nice as the online
version.  Why miss out?

Phil Nisbet