[Vision2020] More on Trinitarian "skylarking"

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 10:27:09 PDT 2005

On 10/7/05, Joan Opyr <joanopyr at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Boys, boys, boys -- bearded, pot-bellied, and otherwise -- you are way
> too old to be playing these sorts of games.

I'm bearded and pot-bellied.  UI will be my alma mater, though it
isn't yet.  It is the alma mater of many of my friends and relatives.
Still, I found the LETTER funny, and I still do.  Truthfully, I
suspect that many on this list would be chortling if the same
"skylark" had been perpetrated against the NSA, or against the White
House.  Most of us laugh when similar serious, sober (but obviously
ridiculous) pronouncements are made by The Onion, so why isn't it
funny when we are the "victim?"  Let's show a little levity, people.
If we can't do that, then at least let this flogged horse moulder
where it lies.